//some 3rd party need geo

Networking is great until.....

Hoseman 11:36 21 May 04

it goes wrong. :(

I set up 2 pcs using the Win XP wizard and all was well until yesterday. Now the pcs cant see each other and I think this was due to an error on my XP machine which meant I had to switch it off from the power.

I was going to redo the wizard but in the process it says that the network isnt connected even thought the cables are fine. Therefore, I aborted the wizard in case it is something much more simple which I havent thought of or am not aware of. Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks. :)

recap 11:48 21 May 04

Check that your Network Cards are working correctly.

Hoseman 11:58 21 May 04

How do I actually do that? Is there some sort of test I can run?

recap 12:07 21 May 04

There is two ways in which you can check them out.

1) Go to Start/Settings/ControlPanel/System/Device Manager/Network Adaptor, it will tell you there if the device is working correctly.

2) Go to Start/Run type in command, in the window type ipconfig /all [note the space between ipconfig and /]

This will show you your Physical address of the card. If its a jumble of characters and numbers then it will be ok, if they are all the same then there is a problem.

Hoseman 12:41 21 May 04

Ive checked the IP addresses and they seem to be fine. Any other ideas as to what the problem may be?

vinnyo123 03:37 22 May 04

ping ?

topology? router ?switch? PING?

Start >cmd>net view?

Kefty 04:12 22 May 04

I would try deleting the network card from your system device manager and reboot. The hardware will be detected. This will help.
Kefty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…