Networking an 'elderly' Sony Bravia KDL46 5000 via powerline?

Dave Marshall 11 Sep 11

I'm attempting to network my 2007 Sony Bravia and connect to my BT Hub. Set's too old to have USB or DNLA but does have a vga input.Does anyone know if a powerline plug system will give me net/pc access, with video and audio if I use an ethernet to vga adaptor at the back of the TV? Am I being too optimistic? Thanks - Dave

Dave Marshall 11 Sep 11

Thanks, Beta. I'm not a great movie fan so, do I buy a cheapie 'net capable' Blu-ray player, connect that by ethernet to my mains powerline plug and connect to the tv by HDMI. The other powerline plug is ethernet wired to my BT modem/router so will this give me full internet on my Bravia W5000? e.g. iPlayer,You-Tube,websites and access to any stored content on my network? Also will my iPhone apps show on screen? e.g. Planefinder etc? Thanks for your guidance - (ever optimistic) Dave.

Dave Marshall 12 Sep 11

Beta - Thanks for that. Found an LG Blu-ray with Wi-fi and almost full internet at less than £100. Just got to justify it at the breakfast table soon! thnks for your help. Cheers, Dave

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message