Networking an 'elderly' Sony Bravia KDL46 5000 via powerline?

Dave Marshall 11:58 AM 11 Sep 11

I'm attempting to network my 2007 Sony Bravia and connect to my BT Hub. Set's too old to have USB or DNLA but does have a vga input.Does anyone know if a powerline plug system will give me net/pc access, with video and audio if I use an ethernet to vga adaptor at the back of the TV? Am I being too optimistic? Thanks - Dave

Dave Marshall 15:32 PM 11 Sep 11

Thanks, Beta. I'm not a great movie fan so, do I buy a cheapie 'net capable' Blu-ray player, connect that by ethernet to my mains powerline plug and connect to the tv by HDMI. The other powerline plug is ethernet wired to my BT modem/router so will this give me full internet on my Bravia W5000? e.g. iPlayer,You-Tube,websites and access to any stored content on my network? Also will my iPhone apps show on screen? e.g. Planefinder etc? Thanks for your guidance - (ever optimistic) Dave.

Dave Marshall 08:49 AM 12 Sep 11

Beta - Thanks for that. Found an LG Blu-ray with Wi-fi and almost full internet at less than £100. Just got to justify it at the breakfast table soon! thnks for your help. Cheers, Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11