Networking different Windows Operative Systems

Revi 13:29 14 Mar 04

I have 2 peer to peer PCs interconnected by a router network. I am now planning to install a 3rd PC on this network. The existing PCs have W2K & W98SE respectively as operative systems. The 3rd PC has XP/Pro. Is there any particular thing I must pay attention to while networking all 3 m/cs. Some say that XP & other windows operative systems don’t get along well together. If so should I drop XP and let the 3rd m/c have W2K?Will appreciate any knowledge on this matter.

JerryJay 13:47 14 Mar 04

Does not matter which OS you use. What others say only true for Server/Client kind of company set up. I think the best way to link multiple PCs is to use a router, a router with build modem even better if you want to share internet connection.

By the way, you got router already then your network is not peer to peer.

Revi 14:14 14 Mar 04

Thanks for your clarification. Yes my network does use a router, what I did not know was that in that case it is not called perr to peer any longer. Sorry for the mistake.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…