Networking course

ellie82 13:07 28 Jun 06

Hi there,

I am thinking of going on a networking course. We have a network installed at work which, mainly xp pro/home machines and I am currently doing bits and bobs to keep it going. Adding new computers to the workgroup, printers etc. But I am teaching myself, finding out how to do things on the internet etc.

My question is, is there a recognised qualification? or course that is good. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

ade.h 13:33 28 Jun 06

There are networking qualifications, but they are usually quite high-end; Cisco certification and things like that. It's not necessary in your situation to go to that effort and expense; they tend to require commitment of both kinds. At the other end of the scale, there are the adult learning courses; these, in my experience, teach you nothing that you cannot learn of your own accord, and yet you have still paid for the priveledge. Serious qualifications not withstanding, you can learn far more for far less cost by doing your own research, which is ideal for anyone who does not actually require a formal qualification.

ellie82 13:44 28 Jun 06

Thanks

So, how much expense are we talking? as the company would cover this. how about the length of the course? I click on the cisco link but it didnt seem to lead me to training details.

I am keen to learn and dont know which is the best way....... books? if its self taught?

I would also like the qualification to put on my CV.

Nazzarenu Boy 19:57 28 Jun 06

this is a link for courses that you want :
click here where there are different types of courses about networking.
or here:
click here ....

Maybe this can help...

Nazzarenu Boy 19:59 28 Jun 06

or maybe this can also help .... but this course it does not involves certificate... it is just a free online networking course. Here is the link: click here

m4k4 12:46 01 Jul 06

Hya,

We are a Cisco Networking Academy offering the Cisco Networking Academy Program in distance learning mode, with interactive voice training and remote access to real networking devices (routers and switches), pre-bundled in a selected topology for each specific activity. We are currently offering the CCNA program, but are also able to develop specific course schedules upon request. We have training in progress in this mode, with participating students from different countries. All the lectures and training is made in English.

Everyone interested can contact me here or via email icokan[at]cacad[dot]com.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…