Networking conflict?????

londonknights 20:43 05 May 03

I tried to network 2 pcs.:( got lost. Think ive mucked up the network settings as now i cant get online easy unless firewall (zonealarm free) is disconnected even then its slow.(broadband) reinstalled freeserve no good. reinstalled zone alarm......no good. How can i restore the settings i changed in start/settings/network please. no disc to do it with thanks..what an idiot!

AndySD 20:57 05 May 03

What is the operating systems on the pcs?

londonknights 21:17 05 May 03

Hello Andy..... Its windows me, but ive not finished networking.both yet.. I went to use the broadband when i was half way through and it all went wrong.i think its to do with the settings i changed in network setup ie tcp tried to change them back but no idea what to! thanks.

londonknights 21:18 05 May 03

All a bit much to ask really...... anyone wanna buy a broke PC?

Podsville 21:21 05 May 03

Londonknights, does Windows ME have rollback? if so have you tried rolling back your system (and hopefully settings) to an earlier date?

AndySD 21:25 05 May 03

click here may help you.

But first go into the control panel/System/device manager and find the network card connecting the pc's (not the broadband connection) and remove it, reboot and reinstall the network card drivers. Defore trying to set up the network disadle zone alarm.

londonknights 22:48 05 May 03

thanks andy.i will try that......
and podsville.thank you to...i have second chance on me...but it wont work either.. thank you both for your help.. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…