Networking advice needed please.

Grandad D 21:50 09 Feb 05

Hi, At work we have 5 computers all networked together via ethernet cables. We also have 4 stand alone computers that we would like to network via a wireless network so that they can share a broadband connection. So far so good. Can we also connect one of the ethernet connected PC's wirelessly as well. Would this work or can't you connect via Ethernet and wireless at the same time? Ta, Dennis.

Grandad D 20:10 11 Feb 05

One more try. Ta, Dennis.

josie mayhem 20:23 11 Feb 05

Yes you can, you would have to use one of your ports on the wired router to install the wirless router, and then fit the wirless card onto each computer you want for the wirerless connection.

I not sure how difficult it would be to set up the connection though, but if it is just an internal network I should imagine that you would give the new router ip adresss under the dns part.

Hopefully some-ome can inlighten you futher than I can about how to connect through to the wirless router.

I hope this helps a little.

easyrider 20:34 11 Feb 05

Try here click here click here click here click here hope these help

Grandad D 20:41 11 Feb 05

Thank you all. easyrider, that will give me something to read over the weekend. Ta, Dennis

easyrider 21:05 11 Feb 05

If you require any more help will be only to glad to assist.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…