Networking ADSL

papa lazarous 16:37 06 Jan 04

i have just tried to setup a network to share files & internet. there are 2 win98 pc's and a win xp laptop. the ADSL is with Boltblue using and Allied Telesyn modem/router. this is plugged into a belkin wireless router. one win98 pc is cabled into the belkin router and the other 2 are wireless. all pc's can see each other & share files but only the cabled pc can access the net. is there something which i am missing? should i set the belkin router to 'access point only'? can anyone please help?

roy 22:59 07 Jan 04

I am afraid that I can't help you as I do not use a router or wireless but as I have been toying with the idea of converting my network of two pc's at present to wireless and appreciate the benefit of using a router I would have been interested in a solution to your problem.

I wondered if the fact that you are using, in effect, two routers could be a problem. Alternatively, although I can't see a problem in connecting one of your pc's by cable, I wonder if this could cause trouble. Have you tried a wireless connection instead just to see if it changes anything.

Anyway, this will bump your thread up and maybe someone else will be able to help.

taking the cableoff the uplink port off the wireless into the main one. (switch the routers round so that the internet goes straight into the first one(Allied Telesyn) into the wireless using the uplink on the wireless which should be on there)

I think this may solve it as only one computer can see the net, the other's cant because they are on a router that doesnt have the connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…