Networking

Dale71 21:59 20 Feb 09

Hey, hoping someone can help me out here,

I should probably 1st start by screaming because of the ammount of time I've been trying to fix this and havn't is really getting annoying.

Right, I have a ethernet connection from my computer to my xbox 360. I also have a wireless connection from my computer to my router. It's worked fine before, I could access files on my computer via my xbox, and also access xbox live.

All ports were opened etc in my router settings, and also added all the ports in the Windows Firewall>exceptions> add port etc. Then allowed my wireless connection to allow others to connectect through this internet connection. All was fine,

Then I had a mix up with my ISP, we had been cut off, but I didn't realise until 30 mins later after tinkering around trying to fix. I was using the TalkTalk assist and go, which helps fix your internet connection, and I realised it was trying to make my ethernet connection access the internet itself. My internets fixed now etc, but when I plugged in my xbox ethernet cable, it kept trying to aquire the network address, and obviously failed. So i tinkered some more and I think screwed it up more, but now I just want to start over, but I can't delete this connection, Help please.

mgmcc 11:51 21 Feb 09

>>> but when I plugged in my xbox ethernet cable,
>>> it kept trying to aquire the network address,
>>> and obviously failed

Which network adapter is trying to acquire its network address - the one in the PC or the Xbox?

If you've enabled Internet Connection Sharing on the PC's Wireless Network Connection, then Windows should have configured your Local Area Connection (the "wired" network adapter) with the IP address 192.168.0.1 and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

The Xbox should get its IP address automatically by DHCP from the PC. If this isn't happening, try disabling Internet Connection Sharing on the Wireless Network Connection, reboot the PC and then enable it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…