Networking-

mesh101 19:59 21 Apr 08

I have some kind of knowledge about this, its just i think i am missing something so i decided to post here.

I have my virgin network modem in my lounge - i have connected this to my new wireless router which i was told i needed.

When i plug my ethernet cable from the modem into the computer, there is fully working internet, however, when i plugged it into the router to expct it to go wireless, the wireless sent out a network, but i am "local only" in windows vista, meaning i can not go on the internet.

I found this strange so i looked on the internet and found very little.

Thanks in advance,
Declan

Strawballs 21:38 21 Apr 08

You will need to unplug your cable modem for AT LEAST 10 minutes so it releases the connection to the computer, start off with everything unplugged then plug in the modem leave it to settle, then plug it into the router and plug that in and alow that to settle then connect it to the computer and the boot that up.

mesh101 08:03 22 Apr 08

Thanks for the reply - ill try that when i get a chance :)

Declan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…