networking

alsmith 21:31 14 Aug 06

set up my laptop on LAN to a wireless router but can't get it to recognise router wirelessly. i've got wifi enabled laptop ( I think its enabled?) shows not connected in network connections. set up router in wireless options chanel id , security type and key . like wise on laptop but it stil can't see router

woodchip 21:46 14 Aug 06

wifi as to be enabled first, Press fn key and there may be one that looks like a Arial press that at the same time

alsmith 21:52 14 Aug 06

thx woodchip, cross has gone from task bar, but still unable to find router.

woodchip 22:32 14 Aug 06

If you have a Icon in Systray for Wireless double click it to get into setup page on wifi you have to load SSID user name passwords etc. these can be found in router setup wireless page

Nazzarenu Boy 22:47 14 Aug 06

Dont you ever read any manuals... i dont know excatly the problem but i think that probably manuals of the router and the laptop probably should help.... i think so ...

alsmith 07:56 15 Aug 06

Woodchip, already loaded SSID: user name passwords etc is already set up in router when I set up my other PC on LAN. Also set up key and tried a variety of channels but nothing. and yes Nazz...I do read manuals, and I've read many of the topics to try and avoid posting my problem. after two days of trying on my own I thought I'd try to get some help!
Al

^wave^ 08:11 15 Aug 06

when i set mine up i had to turn on the wirless connection go to my network places and see if it is turned on. then go to tcp/ip properties for that wirless connection and set it to obtain ip address automatically do not use any encryption see if you can get a connection. your laptop should see any wirless connection even if it cannot connect to it

woodchip 09:15 15 Aug 06

You have to put the SSID in Laptop or any wireless computer also not just Router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…