Networking

sms 11:06 21 Jul 06

I have discussed this problem before but still never solved it. It is very frustrating. I have several computers on my network. My computer can see them all and access them all, but they can see me but cannot access mine !
I have disabled Norton and firewall. I have shared my computer. What Have I missed ??????

brundle 11:08 21 Jul 06

have you set a password for your own account on your pc?

sms 11:41 21 Jul 06

No passwords. The other computers see the computer name and thats it !!

rickd 12:04 21 Jul 06

What does it say in My Network Places? Have you specified files for sharing across the network?

recap 12:04 21 Jul 06

When you set up the share, did you give permissions for the share?

sms 12:56 21 Jul 06

Network is set so that drive C is shared and ticked for other users to change files.
did not see any "permissions for share"
where is this

brundle 13:12 21 Jul 06

What versions of Windows are running on the machines?
FAT32 or NTFS file systems ?
Remove all the networking protocols etc from your problematic machine, blank out the workgroup/domain, reboot, set it all up again and try to reconnect.
If XP make sure Enable NetBios over TCP is checked under TCP/IP Properties/Advanced

ade.h 13:30 21 Jul 06

Pro or Home?

(By the way, I hadn't seen any earlier thread from you; was it in Networking or here?)

sms 14:44 21 Jul 06

pro sp2

ade.h 15:25 21 Jul 06

If they're all XP Pro, the disable Simple File Sharing if it isn't already. Then you can change access levels for every share. It gives much more control.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…