Networking

woodchip 16:01 30 Nov 05

I set Networking up on the XP Desktop First, and created a Floppy when it said, to use on other computers. This I did, on Win98se Desktop and XP Laptop. First I made my Printers and External Hard Drive as Shared drives by right click\Properties\Share. I cannot get at anything on my XP Desktop as it says I have not got permission. Contact Administrator, WHOSE HE? me! So what do I tell him what to do? Now hears anther one, I cannot set NetBIOS over TCP/IP in Win98 as it's grayed out, but I can get at Files printers after some fiddling with networking from my XP Laptop. But it will not hold this if I reboot. So Now What?

uisquebeathus 16:32 30 Nov 05

try this site for a good instruction and guide to exactly what you are doing and the problems you can meet.

click here

uisquebeathus 16:36 30 Nov 05

sorry but you could also have a look at the networking forum here at PCAdvisor as well.

woodchip 17:57 30 Nov 05

<>

woodchip 18:25 30 Nov 05

May as well tick this as I am not getting much help

woodchip 21:24 02 Dec 05

On My Laptop I can See Win98se Comp and External Drive three Partitioned, Also XP comp but get error "not got permission" when I try to get at Drives and Files. I tried turning Router Firewall off but made no Diff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…