networking 2000 professional with vista

I recently acquired a laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I already have a desktop with 2000 Professional installed. I have tried networking the two through a BT Home Hub and whilst the laptop can find and see the desktop, the reverse does not happen. The desktop tells me that the laptop exists but when I try to access, it gives me the error message "Logon failure: account currently disabled". The desktop does not have any accounts except Administrator and,like the laptop,has full sharing access.
Any help would be appreciated

recap 18:16 28 Jan 08

Have you checked the Firewall settings?

I am pretty sure that all firewall settings are OK. Norton 360 on the laptop and ZoneAlarm on the Desktop.

ambra4 11:49 29 Jan 08

Uninstall all firewalls that is installed on the PCs.

This includes Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, Norton Internet Security, Zero Knowledge Freedom, Cisco VPN Client, F-Secure, McAfee Firewall, Trend Micro, Comodo, PC Tools Firewall Plus, Norton 360, etc.

In many cases, disabling the firewall is not enough; you have to actually uninstall it.

Do not install or re-install the firewall until after you have the network functioning properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009