Networking 2 PC's to ntl broadband

THE MONG 07:18 24 Mar 03

I have an ntl broadband on my windows2000 master PC and I wish my 2nd PC (also windows2000) to connect to it aswell.
I have a Surecom 32 bit 10/100m pci ethernet card in both pcu's with a eternet lead connecting the 2.
Can you let me know how I configure the 2nd PC to connect this way? It is still setup for a 56k normal dial-up connection using my telephone line at this time. My PC is working fine with my 1mb bb connection.
Any guidance here would be very gratefully accepted. Thanks

billyliv 09:33 24 Mar 03

Hi, I have three PCs connected to NTL broadband. After weeks of trial and error I bought a 'D Link' ethernet broadband Router, connected the three machines with Cat 5 straight through cables to the router. No configuration required, the machines picked up the internet connection immediately. Now sharing printers is another thing , I still haven't got my head around that yet but I am working on it. Cheers, Bill

slimbo51 09:38 24 Mar 03

I use a prog called AnalogX for what u want to do.

The prog is a free d/load on the net.

Its a proxy server method.

The instructions supplied in the prog are first class.

I can connect 2 comps together in minutes using this method.

Make sure u follow the instr to the letter.

Good Luck.

jon mose 10:13 24 Mar 03

try this
in control panel-internet options select the connections tab select the option to never dial a connection close everything then launch ie6
this will only work if your network is set up ok
and pc1 is already connected to the net
all the best

vinnyT 10:57 24 Mar 03

Internet connection sharing site click here

Sharing a cable modem on NTL broadband click here

Hope this helps.

BlueMeanie 13:02 25 Mar 03

Hi

Like billyliv, I bought a (Cheap £45) router that has four 10/100 switches. Plugged it in, used cat5 cables it worked out of-the-box-with no configuration required. Can now share NTL broadband with no noticeable loss of speed, and access my NTL e-mails via any connected PC.

weejobbie 13:14 25 Mar 03

I have been advised by my office IT guru that it is always better to use a router to do the sharing rather than connecting the PC togethers. The router will also function as a switch/hub and have less trouble in operations.

For me, I have yet to find time to arrange for NTL to come in to install the broadband for me (sigh)...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…