networking 2 pc's

©®@$? 14:08 13 Jul 04

ive got xp, 2 computers and broadband, the broadband uses a usb modem..

i want to netowork these 2 machine and i am about to order some network cards, so i though i better check with you guys first and make sure i understand everything

am i right by saying , all i need to get is 2 network cards, and a cross over cable

is that all i need to be able to hook both machines up and have them both use the internet at the same time..

i know the client machine can only use the internet when the gateway machine is connected..and i'm not in the position to be getting a wireless router or router yet..

so if someone can just clear this up for me, all i need is 2 network cards and cross over cables?

also i can't seem to find the crossover cable at ebuyer and that is where i am shopping so if someone could be kind enough to show me a link to which cable i need, as i am not sure...i only need about 2m

Diodorus Siculus 14:21 13 Jul 04

all i need is 2 network cards and cross over cables? yes :-)

And as you have XP, run the wizard.

click here for one that should do the job.

©®@$? 14:29 13 Jul 04

yeah nice one!

putting the order through

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…