Networking 2 computers cable broadband.

Andy. 20:49 05 Apr 03

Just been lucky enough to get a Medion pc from Aldi and it looks good, my problem is how do I connect my current PC and my new one so that they are both on with my cable provider NTL.

My old computer is connected into my set top box
with a 20 foot cable, but I want to put it in one of my upstairs rooms and use my new one in its place. If at all possible I don't want to run a cable all the way round my rooms, so am I right in saying I need some sort of router to allow my cable to work on both ? can anyone help with this imformation is this called a wireless connection ? thanks to all that can help

howard60 13:01 06 Apr 03

a wireless router to do it without cables. I am on ntl broadband [600k very good service]. I have 2 pcs connected via a crossover cable with a network card in each. The cable through the house does not bother me as I am an old retired electrician and the cables are well hidden [or she that must be obeyed would have objected]. The system works extremely well and both pcs seem to connect and download with no effect on the speed of the other one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…