networking

mufffin 23:11 21 Jan 05

when i put the network wizard disk into N0 2 computer it tells me that i cant run it on this wersion of windowsand to install it manually.How do i bypass wizard to install manuallly?,and why cant my comp run set up disk as it is xp the same as comp that disk was made from.ANY OFFERS
muffin

Forum Editor 23:22 21 Jan 05

You have two computers, both running Windows XP.

You ran the networking wizard on computer number 1 and selected the option to make a floppy disk that you could use on computer number 2.

When you try to run the disk on computer number 2 it doesn't work.

Is that it?

You don't need to run the floppy - you can easily run the wizard on the second computer. Provided you enter the same workgroup name that you used for the first machine ( by default it's MSHOME), and on each machine you enable sharing on the files and/or folders that you want to access it should all work. Give it a try.

mufffin 08:29 22 Jan 05

Hi ED.Thanks your advice.I went to the windows help and that told me to go to network placesand then to show network group this i did and highlighted the main machine and it now works .Ta to everyone keep up the forum(it feels like I ve been on a local bus ride via australia)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac