Networking

Hiking Boy 09:04 11 Sep 04

I have a BT voyager 2100 router and I need to get and install ethernet Drivers. Being a novice I havn't a clue how to get ethernet drivers and install them. Please help

vinnyo123 13:25 11 Sep 04

what OS are you using? Drivers should have come with your NIC cards via floppy or CD.If not go to the NIC cards manufactures web site and you can find Drivers on there site.Or if you are using XP try windows update site and let them do a scan. Windows site and XP updates are usually great for finding the right drivers for your hardware.

hope this helps

SEASHANTY 13:33 11 Sep 04

If the ethernet connection is onboard (i.e. off the motherboard) then the drivers should already be installed. You just need to plug in.

Hiking Boy 06:50 12 Sep 04

Vinnyo123

I am using XP home edition. Itried your suggestion but it doesn't find anything.
In Device Manager my Other devices and Ethernet Controller just shows a yellow question on each.

Seashanty

Thats what I thought but nothing happens when I plug in. Just "drivers not found" I set it to find drivers on the internet Still get "no drivers found"

Any more suggestions would be appreciated

SEASHANTY 12:46 12 Sep 04

It should be listed in device manager in XP under NETWORK ADAPTORS - where do you get "other devices" from? By clicking on the + to the left of Network Adaptors mine shows Realtek Fast Ethernet NIC. This
is off the motherboard. and Microsoft have issued two driver updates for this in the past few months.
Just check in your M/B manual and see if there is an option in BIOS settings to enable ethernet LAN.
It may be disabled. By Right clicking on the Realtek line in device manager I get the option to slect Update Driver : Uninstall : Disable :
Check for Hardware Changes or Properties. Clicking Properties will give you the option to troubleshoot - but you must select the right NIC in Device Manager.

SEASHANTY 13:11 12 Sep 04

The various motherboard drivers are normally on a separate CD-Rom that you get with your PC. Perhaps the NIC drivers are on this disc. Alternatively they may be separate on a floppy disk. You can also try clicking on "Update Drivers" with the CD-Rom inserted in the tray and follow the guide through.
You could also, if you have a spare PCI slot in your PC, purchase a 10/100 PCI ethernet LAN card. They range in price from around £8 to £15. Suggest buying one around a tenner. Any make. LAN cards are always useful for networking and I have a couple of
spares still in the boxes.

Hiking Boy 12:04 24 Sep 04

Thanks everbody for your help.nothing worked.
I got my money back and bought a Belkin. I was up and running in 5 minutes

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…