Networking

the pie eater 13:10 01 Jun 04

Please help before i go bang i will try to explain i run a little home network 1 pc windows xp and the d-link router wireless adsl and one laptop windows xp i have got a wireless card for the pc upstairs that is on windows98se the card works as i have the signal but how do i tell the main pc that there is a 3rd pc to add to the network as i cant get it to conect to the internet or talk to the other two computers

Stuartli 13:52 01 Jun 04

If you are using XP, the Help and Support's Networking section fully details configuration etc.

the pie eater 17:13 01 Jun 04

i think this is the problem i am working on windows xp with the wireless asdl router but trying to link the pc with windows98se to it

TomJerry 17:21 01 Jun 04

follow instruction, it will tell you how to set us a small home net.

TomJerry 17:29 01 Jun 04

The communication betwen 98 and router has not been established even you have signal with 98. You may need to going through router setup.

(1) Put 98 PC's wireless adaptor's mac address in the router's MAC filtering allowed list.

(2) Turn on (enable) router SSID broadcate. You can trun it off once all connections are established. For the security, better to turn off after set up.

(3) Make sure you use the same wek encryption key on router and 98 PC.

(4) On your 98 PC's wireless adaptor property under TCP/IP etc, select get IP address automatically.

(5) On your router set up, make the router allocate IP address automatically, so called DHCP.

(6) Wait and wishing.

This will get you 98 PC connect to router and then internet. If you wan to make PC see each other, you need to run XP's network setup wizard.

the pie eater 21:27 01 Jun 04

Cheers tomjerry all done and working well thank you all cherrs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…