Networking

MrGeesBigCircus 11:47 17 Apr 04

I am trying to network my laptop and desktop PC so I can share files between them. I have got everything set up so the desktop has the internet connection going into it, and the laptop can use the internet when linked via the network cable.
I have given both machines the same workgroup name, but the laptop only finds itself under workgroup computers, and the desktop finds neither itself nor the laptop (I just get an error saying the network resource is unavailable).

Can anyone please help?

coolteentom 11:53 17 Apr 04

I am not sure if this is any help, but not long ago, I set up a direct Cable Connection network between my laptop and PC, and I can now share files between them. I got all the info from click here . However, this is for a Parrallel Cable.

MrGeesBigCircus 12:08 17 Apr 04

Thanks, but the connection is already up and running - I somehow need to give full access to both PCs.

coolteentom 13:04 17 Apr 04

Have you mapped the drives you want to share?

If not, this may be the solution ... what are the operating systems for the laptop and PC?

MrGeesBigCircus 13:39 17 Apr 04

Both are XP. Even with mapped drives, the actual machines are not able to be accessed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…