‘Networked’ printer only prints 1 job

QinesiQ 21:36 16 May 07

I have wifi laptop with vista upgrade installed and hp printer connected to bt homehub using this method click here (as recommended in these forums by some kind soul).

Set up and worked perfectly (slightly different in vista but same key settings used as in method) and printer printed test page and a job I sent from my laptop. It then would not print any subsequent jobs. (in between test page and job I unpluged hub and printer to move all the kit to a place we wouldn't fall over it once I found the set up worked)

Just turned on today and found same-ish problem - it will only print the first job I send. It will not print subsequent jobs. In the print box it eventually comes up with an error and so I delete the job.

Must be something in the settings but I don’t know what.

I guess firewall is not blocking as I can send the first job???

Any ideas?

Thank you

malcolme 11:54 17 May 07

Take a look at this site it may help you click here

QinesiQ 12:05 17 May 07

Thanks malcolme heading over now.

QinesiQ 17:03 18 May 07

There indeed appears to be no solution to this common problem and most likely a USB support issue which will hopefully roll out soon.

I have swapped this printer for my network-enabled one (HP AIO 2570). Attached to BTHH via yellow network cable and fired up the add printer wizard. I selected network printer and Vista did the rest.

I can now print wirelessly to my hearts content! The HH detects it as you might imagine, birds tweet, bees buzz and life is wonderful again ;-)

If this is of help some people in malcolme's link have found Network Magic software click here of use but so far I’ve not needed it as I’m now sorted.

btw for a £65 network-able printer the HP2570 is worth a look at if you need to upgrade and I have found it to be very capable.
Thanks

eshreya_support 19:40 18 Feb 10

We are UK based company looking for call centers for our Internet (VoIP) phone services sales campaign, We need centers with setup of 25- 50 seats and predictive dialer, to dial USA in normal business hrs plus weekends and holidays, Leads and training material will be provided by us. Our payout is the best in the industry and will be paid by wire transfer on monthly basis. Interested centers are requested to contact with their profiles.

Contact - [email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…