Networked PCs problem with XP SP2

Nightmanager 12:31 10 Oct 04

I have two Fujitsu PC's networked together, I have just installed MS service pack 2 on the server PC, which is now showing an error message which will not go away and there are no icons for me to access it at all. I am able to use the other PC to access the internet however I would like to know how to get rid of SP2 off of my server and put it back to how it was?

easyrider 19:52 10 Oct 04

Just go to add/remove programs in control panel click on SP2 then click remove. You may want to try reinstalling SP2 as I had similar problem and removing and then reinstalling SP2 seemed to cure it. By the way did you download SP2 or instal from CD.

TomG 20:44 10 Oct 04

What was the error message?

Nightmanager 01:15 11 Oct 04

I downloaded SP2 from the Internet. As it is loaded onto the PC which has no icons, I am unable to get into the Control Panel to remove SP2

The Spires 04:40 11 Oct 04

Assuming you can get into the run command box 'control appwiz.cpl' will access 'Add Remove Programs'.

The Spires 04:42 11 Oct 04

And '%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe ' will enable system restore.

Nightmanager 05:45 11 Oct 04

Thanks I will try both ways

georgemac 06:06 11 Oct 04

try booting into safe mode - press f8 after the post test on boot

I had a similar problem on a friends tiny pc and got sp2 off that way

georgemac 06:07 11 Oct 04

when booting into safe mode pick the option to restore your pc to an earlier point.

Nightmanager 06:36 11 Oct 04

Thanks, I will get back to you all, when I am back online tonight. But looking at your suggestions I should be able to fix the problem.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…