network and zonealarm pro

steven_frost 09:21 19 Feb 04

ok i've changed to zonealarm pro i can share my printer and my broadband connection thats all working fine but i cant access my files on the desktop from my laptop i can see them on my network but cant open it saying i dont have the promission both desktop and laptop use windows xp pro

anon1 15:34 19 Feb 04

You need to right click the folder you wish to share and allow it to be shared. You could of course right click the c:drive and allow the whole drive to be shared. Not zone alarms fault.

steven_frost 21:23 19 Feb 04

i've already done that and shared across the network

howard60 21:28 19 Feb 04

just a suggestion set the firewall to medium for internet and low for trusted. that is how mine is set.

steven_frost 21:28 20 Feb 04

if you set it to low i get a warning about the firewall switching it self off

howard60 21:38 20 Feb 04

dont worry about it - it will work ok

steven_frost 10:35 21 Feb 04

ok tryed it nothing just looked on from the laptop to the desktop and found that i can access the shared folder but thats it please any one help is needed

jgosden 10:46 21 Feb 04

xp dosn't let you see personal documents over a network normally , i would just put all files to be shared in shared documents. I think this is just xp trying to be helpfull, and failing!!

steven_frost 10:50 21 Feb 04

ok if this me being thick then ok but i thought you were able to share file doc across the network

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…