Network XP to 98se, can it be done ?

LJC 10:23 05 Nov 03

I am trying to connect two computers by network cable (crossover Ethernet patch cable). One computer runs XP the other is 98se. I?m not getting very far. Each computer shows up itself in network neighbourhood, but not the other. Dose any body know where I can find simple documentation on how to do the type of networking.

Thanks fine PC friends.

Legolas 10:45 05 Nov 03

You can certainly network XP and 98se I had that set up on my networked machines.

Make sure you have enabled Internet and file sharing on both machines and make sure you have turned off all firewalls on both machines, once you have the network working you can switch on your firewall and configure it.

Diodorus Siculus 10:56 05 Nov 03

click here

click here

The above sites have some info which may help you.

LJC 10:57 05 Nov 03

Thanks Legolas I will try the firewall thing. I have some instructions on how to set up the network on the 98se pc. I have no instruction on setting up the xp machine with the same setting so that it talks to the 98se pc. Im a little in the dark.

Does any body know of a source of easy information on the web on setting up networks on diferent platform machines.

LJC 11:02 05 Nov 03

Thanks Diodorus Siculus, I will take a look.

theres an easy source of information on the XPmachine in the help files. why not just run the network connection wizard and do as you are instructed therein.

LJC 21:30 05 Nov 03

Thanks everybody for your help, I am now networked and happy to be so.

Lots of respect to you clever PC people

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…