Network virgin

Nessie 11:34 12 Feb 04

Hi all,

I am about to get a laptop. I have read this months article about a network and it seems easy enough. Is it.

I have a reasonable amount of knowledge and have built my own pc. I think at the moment due to cost and differant standards a wired network would be best.

I have a pci asdl modem so would have to get a router/asdl modem combined. Laptop will have Lan included but will have to buy pci lan card for PC. Is it easy to configure. The pc has XP Pro and the laptop will have XP Home.

Any thoughts from you experts would be great.

Thanks

recap 11:58 12 Feb 04

click here or click here for all the necessary information you will need to set up your home network Nessie

Nessie 11:59 12 Feb 04

would a simple cross over cable allow me to use the internet on the laptop so not having to buy hubs etc.

Nessie 18:18 12 Feb 04

Hello
would a simple cross over cable allow me to use the internet connection on the pc with the laptop so not having to buy hubs etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…