Network unauthorised intrusion

rsinbad 23:30 21 May 06

I have a wireless network that is secured using WPA and my ssid is not broadcast.I don't have any worries regarding the security of my network ,However looking into my routers log there are entries which imply dos attacks, to be honest i don't really understand them.

To put your mind at rest there is a program witch will detect such intrusions with an audible alert shouold someone try to connect to your network click here free.(works with wired and wireless setups)

I have been using it for some time now and not encountered any unauthorised access.

The air horn ( a message sent to the intruder only works if the intruder has windows messenger enabled)

rsinbad 23:33 21 May 06

sorry try this link click here

Danoh 09:25 22 May 06

Hi rsinbad,
Sounds like the same security log entries as I get click here

I still get them, usually once a day and lasting a couple of minutes at most.
I have yet to see if there is a time correlation with my lads' use of peer-to-peer file sharing s/w on their machines.

I've stopped worrying about them, although I still check once in a while.

Danoh 09:27 22 May 06

I should have said mine is WPA2-PSK, but it would be the same difference.

rsinbad 15:07 22 May 06

probably simular ,thing is i just don't understand how to interpret the log files, and like you don't worry about them anymore.

Just thought members would be interested in this little freeware program that gives you an instant alert should someone try to freeload onto your network.

It probably would be more usfull to those that can only use WEP instead of WPA-PSK and those surrounded by networks.

As yet no alerts for univted guests, and i doubt there will be.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…