Network two computers

Bagpipes 18:12 22 Feb 05

I wonder if it is possible to connect from a Computer that connects to the internet by NTL cable USB modem to another computer miles away that uses dial-up on the old PSTN via a standard 56k modem. I can dial into it and connect using PSTN but it is so slow. I have access to the faster cable connection but don`t know how to setup a connection. Can any one help if it is at all possible. There is no one at the remote computer but I have set it to switch on in the morning and switch off again at night. Both computers run Windows XP Pro

Forum Editor 18:18 22 Feb 05

our Network forum.

spikeychris 19:08 22 Feb 05

The problem will always be the speed of the lowest connection. You can run a T1 connection if you want but if you are directly connected to a 56k modem then the fastest the 56k modem can send and receive is....56K. Just because you have the worlds fastest connection means nothing, its lost by the time it hits the modem. Have you been using a VPN on the PSTN? click here;en-us;305550&sd=tech might help but as I said - you will always be dragged down by the slowest connection.

spikeychris 19:09 22 Feb 05

click here for the link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…