Network Trouble!

rogue1972 23:34 29 May 03

Help! I've networked 2 PCs together (both using xp home), with network cards and a hub. They can share files and the hosts internet connection, but not the printer on the host. On the client, I cannot run the network wizard. The network connections folder is empty (on the client),and when I refresh it says "network connections folder unable to retrieve the list of network adaptors on your machine, please make sure Network connections service is running". It is! Tried SFC.exe. No firewalls running. How can the network be working, yet the client not see it?
Also, which is the best (free!) firewall to protect my network and still let it access the internet?
Any advice much appreciated.

idhomer 23:50 29 May 03

Not quite sure if you've set-up the printer on the host for sharing - simple way is just to right click the mouse on the printer from the control panel, choose properties and then choose to share the printer ... as to the best (free !) firewall, the one I'm using is ZoneAlarm and that seems to do the biz and all reports seem to state this is the best freebie ....

Despicable Desperado 23:53 29 May 03

Have you manually set up the network or used the XP wizard?

rogue1972 02:01 30 May 03

he he.... silly me. Printer is now shared. Thanks for your help. Network is still invisible on client though. Any ideas?

vinnyo123 04:15 30 May 03

Is both pc's built in firewall's disabled.Can you ping back and forth,zone alarm ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…