Network traffic

Gary Wood 18:57 05 Aug 07

On my home network, if I open the LAN Connection Status, it shows how many packets have been sent and received. Each day, the number of packets sent is many times the number received: usually around 5,000,000,000 after my computer has been on for 8 hours or so (compared with around 500,000 received).

This surprises me, since I use the network mostly for internet access where the majority of the traffic should be inbound.

I'm fairly confident that my computer doesn't have any malware since I've run a full virus scan and only last weekend formatted my HDD and reinstalled everything from scratch.

Is there I way I can monitor the traffic on the network to try and figue out what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gary

LastChip 12:26 06 Aug 07
  Gary Wood 12:39 06 Aug 07

Thanks, LastChip.

That utility certainly looks like it might be a useful starting point. However, the download links on the website are broken. I've searched with Google for the file name and, whilst serveral results are returned, they, too, all seem broken.

Any ideas where I can get a copy?

LastChip 13:48 06 Aug 07

I just tried both download links towards the bottom of the page and they worked fine.

Gary Wood 16:10 06 Aug 07

LastChip,

Thanks for this. I opened the page in FireFox and the links worked - and I could see the images on the page. For some reason, neither the images nor the links work in IE7.

I'll give the program a try and post the outcome.

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…