Network Sharing Problem

Allan2690 12:07 23 Aug 04

I have just set up a small office network. Four computers in office A and four in office B. They all connect to an eight-port hub, which connects to a back office server that is on broadband. All computers share the Internet ok and all can share certain folders on the server, as allowed. My problem is, how do I stop the computers in office A accessing the computers in office B and vice versa? All computers and server run xp pro.
Thanks in advance.
Allan

jonnytub 15:03 23 Aug 04

disable file sharing by right clicking on the folder you dont want to share and clicking on properties, a new dialogue box will come up with which you should click on the sharing tab, tick the box that say's make this folder and subfolders private so that only you have access, blah blah, etc, etc.....

mgmcc 15:56 23 Aug 04

The solution might lie in setting up a network with the Office A computers and a network with the Office B computers. Install two network adapters in the server so that both networks can connect to it. I believe that, provided the two adapters in the server are not bridged, the server will be the only PC that can access both networks.

recap 16:06 23 Aug 04

Look in the Security Policies for disabeling Network Neighborhood, the client machines would not be able to search the network but still have access to the shared resources your have applied on the server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…