Network Sharing problem

freefx 09:05 11 Aug 04

i have three pc networked using bridge. One pc connect to the broadband modem and the other two connected to it via 2 NIC. So this Host PC had got three NICs.

The other two pc can 'see' each other with no problem(as weel as sharing files,etc etc), so can the host see the other two. Either of the other two can 'see' the host in 'My Network Places', but cant access the host. Keep saying the host PC is not accessible. NO problem sharing(accessing) the internet.

I thought i have set all the sharing access rights on th Host pc but it still doesnt work. Obviously i must have missed something here.

When i go to newrok connection on the Host pc, under 'LAN or High Speed Internet', i can see it says Local area connection 3. Wonder if the 3 has anything to do with the problem.

Appreciate any advice can give

O/S Windows XP

jonnytub 09:11 11 Aug 04

have you set file and folder sharing permissions??

jonnytub 09:12 11 Aug 04

i.e. right click on folder, click on sharing aND SECURITY, make sure it is set to share the contents, etc

freefx 09:24 11 Aug 04

Both 'Share this folder on the network' and 'Allow network users to change this file' are ticked.

Bebee 09:33 11 Aug 04

Do you have a firewall running?

freefx 10:10 11 Aug 04

yes, zone alarm. Disabled it and that did not solve the problem.

jonnytub 10:18 11 Aug 04

you should try uninstalling zonealarm all together if it's the free version and installing something else. Zonealarm free version doesn't allow networking you have to buy the pro version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…