Network setup problem.

I have just installed a Belkin wireless card on my PC (XPHome). I have installed the software to manage it. I am using WPA-PSK. It recognises my network ssid and shows some connectivity but indicates a yellow warning against the links (PC to range extender, extender to router) reasons given pwd wrong or signal too weak. If I swith to XP managing the link it says signal ex. and connected but the browser still will not connect.

I use channel 11 (not sure how to change those) and other networks are around but they are all secured. If I put my laptop next to the PC it connects OK over the same link. I am in a building 50 yrds from the router (another building) and have another laptop in room downstairs using another range extender which connects OK. I am wondering if there is either some interference or some obscure config. in the PC messing things up.

Advice on how to analyse further appreciated.

dawood 14:53 27 Jul 09

Some advices:

1) Configure wireless network on wireless router without enabling WPA-PSK (open network), then test to connect to it again. If it works, it means you supplied wrong password on PC.

2) Go to Belkin website and download latest driver for that wireless card, uninstall old driver and reinstall the new one, after that test again.

3) If it's PCI wireless card, try to put it into different PCI slots and test again.

4) If still not working, check more wireless network troubleshooting tips here click here , hopefully able to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017