Network settings

MissTickleMeg 16:30 02 Jun 04

Hi i had my computer fixed last week and i cannot get Internet Explorer for some reason. Cannot detect network settings so it seems he's set me as on a network and I'm just a home user. Keeps saying proxy server problems so how can i reset it to home only please? COM 1/2 no modem installed COM3 Error (this is my new hard drive I think I have three now) So how i can I get back to normal settings becaseu i cannot update my virus protection. I click on IE and it says page cannot be displayed. :*(

jonnytub 16:38 02 Jun 04

Hi there, i don't think the engineer has reinstalled your modem (that is if your on dial up). Can you confirm your operating system and means of connecting to the net.

jonnytub 16:40 02 Jun 04

also com 1/2 3 is not an extra hard drive but the port(s) through which your modem uses to connect to the net

recap 16:49 02 Jun 04

Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Modem open the Modem properties and see if it is working.

BBez 18:07 02 Jun 04

add click on diagnostics, then query modem onto RECAP's reply

MissTickleMeg 18:33 02 Jun 04

I can't even find the modem I've gone to start/settings/control panel...then I'm lost. LOL

Epocs 18:36 02 Jun 04

Go to the control panel and see if your modem is listed there, might have yellow exclamation mark or red circle with a cross in it. Which OS by the way?

Fruit Bat 18:45 02 Jun 04

In control panel click system / hardware /device manager

click on the little + signs to expand the tree

if your modem is not listed or has a exclamation mark post back here for further instructions

MissTickleMeg 18:48 02 Jun 04

I've got generic softK56. Do you think that just the settings are up the creek. LOL

Fruit Bat 18:54 02 Jun 04

Is this under modems and is it showing an exclamation mark?

select it and click on properties and Device stauts should tell you this device is working properly.

Fruit Bat 19:12 02 Jun 04

If modem is working properly then you may need to set up your internet connection.

IE /tools /internet options / connections have you anything in the box dialup and Virtual....?

If not click on setup /next /connect to internet /next /

Do you have a cd that came with your isp?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…