network resource

LANDCRUISER 15:34 02 Jun 09

hi there folks i just tryed to delete a program & get this message that im on a network resource,what is this? i also get this message when i try to update a program as well im using vista home,

Taff™ 18:01 02 Jun 09

A little more information please and someone will no doubt get back to you whilst I`m out. Which program are you trying to delete? Can you possibly give us the exact mesage. Is the message you get when trying to update for the same program and is this Vista Basic or Premium?

BTW - Network resource would relate to any program that could possibly be used over a network, usually a local area network. We`ll know more when you post back.

LANDCRUISER 21:01 02 Jun 09

hi taff,i using vista premium with service pack one,i tried to unistall ie silverlight & apple quicktime then i get this message that im on network resource,it also happens when i try to update quicktime that why i decided to unistall it so i could get latest version

Taff™ 10:53 03 Jun 09

Do you have administrative rights on the machine and is it networked with other computers? I presume this is a home computer. This might be down to the fact that the programs you mention are being loaded at start up and are therefore running whilst you are trying to update or uninstall them.

Try this, download and install Ccleaner click here Open the program and select Tools from the left hand menu then Start Up in the second column. Disable (Not Delete) anything to do with iTunes & Quicktime then reboot and try to uninstall both programs.

LANDCRUISER 16:14 03 Jun 09

hi taff,will ccleaner work with norton 360 update 3, i do have it to hand so its no problem if it works ok,this is my only machine now i do have administrative rights

Taff™ 07:37 04 Jun 09

I did the beta test on the forum with Norton 360 v3 and don`t recall any issues with Ccleaner. The Start Up Tool is basically an easy interface with msconfig so it should work without a hitch.

LANDCRUISER 16:53 04 Jun 09

hi taff,so ccleaner works ok with norton,i give your recommendation a try & let you know later how things have gone

LANDCRUISER 17:03 05 Jun 09

hi taff sorted that problem out,i do have a problem with silverlight cant get updates,it does not show on ccleaner any ideas error code 64 showing

Taff™ 18:17 05 Jun 09

If it is listed in Programs & Features from Control Panel - remove it and reinstall it if you wish.

LANDCRUISER 11:57 09 Jun 09

hi taff silverlight is not shown in programs & features

Taff™ 06:03 10 Jun 09

click here Try the Windows Installer Clean Up tool. Then go to Windows Updates and download all the critical updates - I believe you need the latest .net framework update as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos