Network problems still

marbles 20:09 09 Sep 08

I have been trying to connect my laptop wirelesy without success through my zoom modem router. When i search for wireless networks on my laptop it finds the router but will not connect. It says my wireless adapter in my laptop is not connected, i have checked system properties but it say's all o.k. I have changed ip address,chanels, ssid name etc but nothing. My daughter laptop connected no problem so what could be the problem ?.

Ditch999 21:19 09 Sep 08

Is WEP or WPA enabled in router? If so you need the key.
Is MAC filtering enabled in the router? If so, switch it off.
Is DHCP enabled in the router? If not, enable it.
Is SSID broadcasting enabled in the router? If not enable it.
Is your wireless adapter set for auto DHCP in your laptop? If not make it DHCP assigned.

marbles 21:45 09 Sep 08

Hi Ditch999 i have checked all the settings and they are correct, although i couldn't find setting for DHCP in the wireless adaptor anything else i can try ?, thanks for your help

Ditch999 21:55 09 Sep 08

Try disabling the firewall on the laptop temporarily to see if you can connect.

Are you sure you are trying to connect to your own router and not a neighbours?

marbles 22:10 09 Sep 08

Yes the firewall is of, i am definatley connecting to my own router it,s the only one listed.
It's really winding me up, never had problems before.

Ditch999 23:16 09 Sep 08

Try
Start>Run>cmd
then type in
ipconfig /release
and hit enter, then type in
ipconfig /renew
and hit enter, then type in
ipconfig /flushdns
and reboot after exiting the cmd prompt

woodchip 23:45 09 Sep 08

I bought a Toshiba Vista Laptop, Top speck from Currys but it would only connect to my 3Com router as Wep, I spent over a week trying to get it to work as WPA but no go so I took it back and got my money back

marbles 17:41 10 Sep 08

Hi ditch, i have tried above but comes up,
no operation can be performed on wireless network while it has it media disconnected.
Think i give it couple more days before i take it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…