Network problems

Daveym 07:56 21 May 03

I have just set up my 2 pc's for networking by cable but although they can share the internet ok I cannot get them to access each other. I am using Win XP on both and it keeps telling me MS Home is not accessible as I may not have permission. Please contact the administrator. I have run the network wizard on both pc's but to no avail. Any help please

keith-236785 08:11 21 May 03

Check if windows xp built in firewall is turned on, open Control Panel/Network and Internet Connections/Network Connections(its at the bottom)there you will see your connection to the internet and network, Right click and choose properties then click the advanced tab at the top, at the top of the next window you will see Internet connection firewall, remove the tick and click ok, answer yes to the warning and then check the other connection which should be your Network. then try to connect to the other pc again, you may have to do this on both pcs. one other idea, click start/ all programs/ accessories/ comand prompt and type in" ping 192.168.0.1 or ping 192.168.0.0" if your computers are linked ok you should recieve a report saying no loss BOTH PCS NEED TO BE ON FOR THIS, post back if this doesn't help

Lozzy 08:13 21 May 03

Have you set the folders on both PC's that you want access too, to share or Local disk C? Also have you got XP's firewall enabled or any other Firewall active if yes disable them till you have access, then re enable.

In XP on Both PC's click on Start>>My Network Places>>View Network Connections, then highlight your local Area connection right click then Properties then Highlight the second line under the Tab General called File and Printer Sharing. Is it ticked? if not tick it on both. then re boot and try it again.

If it still does not work come back with detailed info on exactly what you have done. Otherwise we will not be able to assist.

Also try click here and click here

Daveym 08:21 21 May 03

Many thanks. Job sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…