Network Problems

stu7 21:38 12 Nov 06

I have a Netgear modem router DG834G. I installed it on my Dell Desk top and my sons Toshiba Laptop found it straight away.
However my daughters Dell Laptop shows the signal strength received as excellent but it will not connect to the Internet. Can anyone help?

Devil Fish 00:09 13 Nov 06

are you using a third party firewall that may be blocking access

mgmcc 08:52 13 Nov 06

With your daughter's laptop, have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

What IP address does your daughter's laptop have for its Wireless Adapter?

stu7 19:49 13 Nov 06

I have recently bought an HP PHotosmart 8250 printer. The annoying thing with this printer is that everytime I turn on or restart my PC the printer prints out 3 pages of a sort of Test type (USBC etc) on each page. Does anyone know how to stop this as it carries out this procedure even when I switch the printer off!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…