Network Problems

Gerard 15:50 08 Mar 06

I use AOL as my ISP, and have a Netgear DG834g router. I have today been having trouble connecting to AOL because of the Norton Firewall.
I get the message DNS server unrelaible or unavailable. I have changed the Personal Firewall settings as advised by AOL, but it still will not connect. I have gone back to my normal Broadband modem, and I connect with no problems. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

howard63 21:41 08 Mar 06

Norton is the problem - your router had a built in firewall and possibly they are conflicting

ade.h 22:14 08 Mar 06

A NAT/SPI firewall cannot - AFAIK - conflict with a software firewall, which handles inbound comms slightly diffrently. But you should probably disable DNS blocking in Norton. And if that can't be done, I suggest swapping to a firewall that can do it, such as Outpost.

Gerard 11:35 09 Mar 06

I have tried to disable Norton Firewall,but every time I do this, I am still not able to connect to the Internet through my Netgear router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…