network problem, worked fine now no connection??

NICTRY 20:17 08 Oct 03

Any ideas why this is happening? I had a perfect working wireless network, one host one client, each could read shared files use broadband etc. Today I had to turn all power off to the house, switched all back on and although the network appears to be fine, ie the wirless lan shows working fine, the client PC shows the network connected as 54mbs and all working fine there is no network and no ics etc. I can't see the client from the host and vice versa, the client is not seeing the internet connection either????

Another thing I have just noticed is that the host PC (running XP) shows packets sent 400+ packets received 0, does this mean that something has gone wrong with the client (running 98SE)?

Am I being totally stupid or is there a logical explaination for this?

All help gratefully received?

recap 20:54 08 Oct 03

Check all TCP/IP setting for your network connections on all client machiens and server.

NICTRY 20:59 08 Oct 03

What should I be checking? They appear to be the same as I remember them being when it worked earlier today?

recap 21:02 08 Oct 03

If they are the same it should be ok.

Can you ping any computer?

NICTRY 22:02 08 Oct 03

Sorry, not sure how to do that, and I agree they should be OK and on the face of it they appear to be, but when trying to utilise any network capabilities nothing works so well confused at the moment!!!

NICTRY 07:26 09 Oct 03

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…