Network problem

basell 19:32 19 Jun 03

OS windows ME
I have just installed a Belkin Ethernet card into my main computer and connected it to my second computer with a crossover cable. The drivers have installed on both computer ok. When I try to Belkin netsetup on the main computer I get the message
You have more than one network adapter installed. You will need to use network control panel to adjust settings. When I get there I don?t know what to adjust?
It tells me that I have
Microsoft network.
Dial-up Adapter.
F5D5000 PCI Card/Desktop Network PCI Card Belkin.
VIA Rhine 11 Fast Ethernet Adapter which my Broadband is connected to it.
What do I adjust to enable the Belkin setup to work?
The second computer runs the Belkin netsetup ok. But that computer only has one Ethernet card installed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bremner 20:50 19 Jun 03

click here this might help to install the second card effectively

basell 21:04 19 Jun 03

The card is installed correctly and is working correctly according to the computer, but it still stats that I need to adjust the settings. This is what I don?t know how to do.

basell 22:14 19 Jun 03

Refresh

jazzypop 23:15 19 Jun 03

I presume, as you have installed two network cards into one PC, that you are trying to network 2 PCs to share one internet connection, using the built-in Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

If so, just use the ICS Wizard to configure your network, and ignore the Belkin netsetup utility. See click here for a step-by-step guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…