Network Problem

BoilerOil 13:17 13 Feb 09

Hi.

I have a home network ie: desktop running XP home service pack 3, Laptop Vista premium service pack 1.
Both connect to my network but they cannot see each other, I have found the problem it is to do with zonealarm.

I have free zonealarm version 8.0.065.00 on desktop and laptop.

My question is, where is The Network Configuration Wizard, it does not open on its own I have never seen it, where can I find the IP Address for the desktop and the laptop to add to the trusted zone.

I know everything works because when I close zonealarm and use windows defender on both computers the desktop can see the laptop and the laptop can see the desktop.

Rod.

mgmcc 13:40 13 Feb 09

>>> where can I find the IP Address for the
>>> desktop and the laptop to add to the trusted zone.

In the PC/Laptop, open a Command Prompt window ("Start > Run", type CMD and click OK) and, at the prompt, type...

ipconfig /all

...and press Enter. This will show details of all network adapters in the PCs, including their IP addresses.

I would recommend that, in Zone Alarm, you enter the *SUBNET* rather than individual IP addresses. In the Zones tab, click Add and select Subnet. Type in:

IP address - 192.168.x.0 [where 'x' matches the third octet (number) of the PC's IP address. Leave the final octet as *ZERO*]

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Description - {anything} but it needs an entry.

BoilerOil 15:16 13 Feb 09

Hi.

All working thank you for your help.

Rod

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…