network problem

zac6 18:18 04 Sep 04

have 3 pc's connected through a hub. 1 on XP, 1 on XP Pro and 1 on ME. 2 XP pc's connected and sharing everything without hiccups, but ME pc not able to find the other two and they can't find the ME one either.

E7 19:31 04 Sep 04

Which PC did you set up the home network through? I've got 3 XP Pro machines all sharing broadband plus a, (headless), Win98 machine sitting in the attic running as a media/jukebox server for the other 3. For this I used the option to make a "home network set up disc from one of the XP Pro machines that still had an "A" drive and this worked fine for Win98. I would imagine it would be the same for ME! Just make sure you are logged on as "Admin" and have full permisions and you should be OK

hellred 22:00 07 Sep 04

Make sure the Workgroup name is the same as the others or its mispelled maybe and that Pc has a unique name.

E7 00:00 09 Sep 04

Well friend, did any of these things help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…