Network problem

goosegreen 23:34 27 Mar 04

Hi
Cananyone help I have a Problem with my Win2000 to 2x Win98SE machines. Although the cable setup is working ie Internet connection sharing is working fine, I can not get file sharing to work I have enabled it on all the machines along with the correct protocols, The strange thing is i upgraded to Win 2000 some time ago and the network worked fine. It stopped working last week and i am stumped for an answer

Any help would be appreciated
Goosegreen

LastChip 00:26 28 Mar 04

Are you getting error messages or what?

goosegreen 00:52 28 Mar 04

The error message i receive when i try to map the network drive is: The network path could not be found.

Barrie-281802 09:49 28 Mar 04

Are you running a firewall? eg Norton's

binkitone 10:07 28 Mar 04

I had similar problem with LAN using Win98SE, discovered it was Zone Alarm (even at trusted zone setting?), work o.k. with internet sharing but not file sharing, disconected ZA, works OK.

Roland Butter 11:31 28 Mar 04

I had hassle with Zone alarm too. Try addding the IP addresses in the firewall trusted zone - without this, you will find yourself effectively locked out of the network. Try using the ZA Help too.

LastChip 16:46 28 Mar 04

First, as mentioned above, disable any Firewall you may have running until you successfully reinstate your network.

Now take a look in Windows Explorer. Can you see the network icon, and if you expand it, the other computers and drives? Or do you get a similar or same error message when trying to go that route? Is it the same both ways, in other words from '98se to W2K and visa versa?

goosegreen 14:28 29 Mar 04

Thanks for all the replies I had to in the end uninstall ZA and install PCcillin all working fine

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5