Network problem

gaji 14:54 18 Oct 03

I have recently purchased a new computer, os windows xp and decided to network my old computer, os windows 98 se via a crossover cable.I now have nearly everything functional.Sharing files and printer etc. The windows xp computer acts as the gateway computer with which I can connect to the internet to virtually any site with little or no problems. however the second computer will only connect to a limited number of sites.
I am using IE Explorer version 6 on both computers
For those sites which don't connect the address bar generally remains clear while the status bar may have the message
Web site found waiting for reply,
Opening page,
or Done.
At any given time when such messages are obtained the sites in question can generally be readily accessed via the gateway computer
Any ideas?

recap 15:36 18 Oct 03

What is the spec of your 98se machine? IE 6 will run better on machines that have a CPU of 450 and higher.

If the spec is high enough then I would check your TCP/IP settings on the machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…