Network Printing Problem

fitshase 19:00 11 May 03

I have a network running in the house:-

Desktop - Win XP - hardwired to router

Laptop - Win XP - wireless to router (can be hardwired instead but same result)

Router - Netgear FM114P (with print server)

Printer - HP Deskjet 959c with duplex (for 2 sided printing)

I have set up the printer on the desktop and it works fine with the duplex. However, I have set the printer up on the laptop exactly the same way and it does not work (it prompts you to change the paper around).

When I go into the settings of the printer (on the desktop) - Start\Printers & Faxes\HP Deskjet 959c\Properties, there is a tab called Device Settings.

When I go into the settings of the printer on the laptop, there is no such tab.

It is on this Device Settings tab that you specify that there is a Two Sided Printing Module installed.

It also did this on my old laptop running Win 98 and I thought that it might just be the operating system and driver.

I have installed the printer on both computers using the same install file downloaded from HP's website (it is an XP driver).

Does anyone have any solutions?

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 20:41 11 May 03

When I go on the desktop computer (named Home) and click on Start\Printers & Faxes

I can see the printers installed on my desktop:

- Acrobat Distiller
- Acrobat PDFWriter
- HP Deskjet 959c

I can also see the printers installed on the laptop (named KAT) with "Auto" infront of them:

- Auto Acrobat Distiller on KAT
- Auto Acrobat PDFWriter on KAT
- Auto HP Deskjet 959c on KAT

If I right click on the Auto HP Deskjet 959c on KAT and select properties, I can change see the Two Sided Printing Installed option. Changing it makes no difference.

When I go on the laptop and go to Start\Printers & Faxes

I can only see the printers installed on the laptop.

This is really puzzling me.

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 11:34 12 May 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…