Network Printing

Janet57 15:24 15 May 08

I have a Dell laptop running on Vista and a Packard Bell desktop running on XP. I am running a wireless network through a Belkin router. The desktop has a printer hardwired to it using a USB connection and I want to print from the laptop. I have Norton 360 running on both machines, the firewall of which is set to recognise both machines. I have set the printer properties to "sharing". On the laptop I can see the printer that I want to connect to, but I keep getting "access denied". On the desk-top I cannot see the lap-top at all. I have tried switching off the firewall. What am I doing wrong?

Switcher 17:15 15 May 08

If the XP is Home version make sure that the Guest account is enabled

ICF 17:30 15 May 08

Have you turned off windows firewall?

ICF 17:34 15 May 08

You say that printer sharing is enabled on the laptop but it's the desk top pc you need to enable it on.Then you search for a printer on the network via the laptop.

ICF 17:36 15 May 08

Have you actually set up a network using the network wizard on the PC?

Janet57 17:55 15 May 08

Thanks guys, I had already done all that you had suggested, but the answer was to download Network Magic which was magic & connected it all up in 5 mins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…