Network Printer Headache

Alf58 19:38 07 Jun 03

Anyone out there got a home network with a printer that works from a client computer? If so, how the feck do you configure it? I mean please would you be so kind as to explain how to configure it? I have a home nework of two computers: one XP and one ME. The network works fine with file sharing and internet connection sharing. I have a Lexmark Z54 attached to the Xp machine but I cant get the Me machine to communicate with it. Ideas suggestions would keenly welcomed and deeply appreciated.I have done all of the obvious things and now am at a total loss.

eccomputers 20:17 07 Jun 03

I presume you have shared the printer on the xp machine???? right click on printer and go into share.
In the ME machine, when you browse the network, can you see the printer?

recap 20:22 07 Jun 03

To install a printer over a network, you install it as a local printer then share the printer as eccomputers has said.

Alf58 23:52 07 Jun 03

Yes I have done as both of you suggest. Yes you can see the printer from the ME machine but when I ask it to print, the printers native interface appears and tells me the computer cannot communicate with the printer, check it is swiched on and the cables are plugged in.

hugh-265156 00:02 08 Jun 03

Alf58,best to stick to the original thread as then you wont get asked the same things over again.

click here

Alf58 00:05 08 Jun 03

Original thread fast disappearing. I was attempting to get some new input. I hope this has not caused any offence.

Rayuk 14:17 08 Jun 03

Am having the same problem am about to load drivers onto 2nd pc will repost if it works that way

Rayuk 15:28 08 Jun 03

Have eventually succeeded.
Loaded driver onto 2nd machine.
Went through add new printer[via network box]
Check what port your printer is installed on through printer properties you may have to add this onto your 2nd machine.

I say this because not sure whether adding this solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…