Network Printer doesn't print

andrei.ciocan 15:04 21 Dec 07

Network Configuration: DHCP server, few computers, one network printer Minolta DiALTA di200f.
Situation: I had to reinstall Windows XP Pro SP2 on one workstation. For the printer, I have defined a new “Standard TCP/IP Port” with IP Address of the printer and “Generic Network Card”. I have installed a new printer with the driver files from the Minolta website. Until here everything was fine, but when I wanted to print a page, it returns a printing error.
On the “Standard TCP/IP Port” I have changed the settings from protocol RAW to LPR. Now, the document disappeared from printer queue with no error, but it was not printed.
To be sure that everything is ok, I have checked the settings on other computer and it was the same.
I have deactivated Windows Firewall and no effect.
Pinging the IP of the printer works.

I have shared the printer on other computer (which can print) and installed it on the first computer as a shared printer, not as network printer, and I got the same result: the document disappears from printer queue but is not printed physically on the printer, and no error appears on the printer. The antivirus on both workstations: AVAST.

Any new idea? Restarting the computer, reinstalling the driver, restarting the spooling service did not work. Thanks a lot for your brainstorm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…