Network Places has dissapeared

Anti_Virus 11:06 14 Apr 07

Hi, I'm running Win XP SP2 (on a 32-bit system). I was making a few changes to our network becuase I was adding a new laptop that replaced an old one, but in the process I have lost My Network Places. It used to be in the start menu, as well as in the Control Panel, and now it's in neither. There aslo used to be a link to My Network Places in the Network Connections folder, but that too is gone. The thing is need to access My Network Places to be able to access the laptop, aswell as others, across the network, as that is the only way I know how, and plus it was easy. Anyone help?

Anti_Virus 11:15 14 Apr 07

Hi, sorry, but just I had posted the above, My Network Places appeared in the Start Menu. Weird! But if anyone knows why it temporarily dissapeared that would be good, in case it happens again. Also, something kinda different, I was just exploring My Network Places, and when I clicked the "Microsoft Windows Network" icon, it came up with three different Workgroup Networks, the current one I'd just configured as well as two old ones. Anyone know how to delete them, because I can't, or should I now be posting in The Networking forum as the first issue's been resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…