Network Path Not Found!!!

Large JD 19:51 29 Sep 06

I have recently installed a new Canon printer to my network, all appeared to work fine for the first couple of days. Now i can't access any of my shared documents from either pc (wired desktop, wireless laptop, wired printer).
Setup is as follows!
Belkin PreN 4 port wireless router.
Printer port 1
Spare port 2
Spare port 3 (but has rj45 cable connected for large file transfers to my laptop)
Desktop port 4

Both the Desktop and Laptop connect to the internet and communicate and print to the new printer. But the 2 pc's won't communicate with each other. Problem has only occured sine printer installation.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks in advance
JD

STREETWORK 20:01 29 Sep 06

The problem points to the printer.

Check the printer is set up to share. do this from control panel, printers and faxes, right click your printer and select properties. then sharing and make sure its set to share over the network.

Next:

On the other PC open control panel, printer and faxes, use the wizard to install a new printer, make sure its a network printer you are installing.

Large JD 20:37 29 Sep 06

Hi Streetwork..
Cheers for the advice!!
I'm now slightly confused, if both pc's are communicating with and printing to the new printer, how is it the printer could be causing the problem?
I did set up the printer as per Canon's installation instructions. I have checked that the properties state the printer is set up for sharing and they do.
Regards JD

STREETWORK 21:54 29 Sep 06

As the network files where Ok before installing the new printer it is highly likely to be the cause. You can select the folders you need to share and right click them to properties, then sharing and tick the box.

When installing new drivers/software, etc, it can have an effect on other things which use them, such as file printing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced